MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
University of the West of Scotland
Our internationally respected degree has been redesigned to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. While a student you will develop your:
- Strategic analytical skills
- Business intuition
- Adaptive thinking
Essential core business knowledge and understanding is provided, alongside a strong emphasis on developing the applied managerial skills vital for effective business leaders.
Upon graduation you will be able to effectively respond to unpredictable challenges in globally competitive business environments.
What qualifications do you need?
We welcome Scottish, UK and international students and consider all applicants on an individual basis.
Don’t worry if your qualifications are not listed here, we take a range of factors into account when assessing your application and are happy to consider other alternative combinations of qualifications and experience.
You will normally be expected to satisfy at least one of the following admission requirements:
- Have a degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- Have a postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- Have an appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Have passed a pre-Master’s, or other foundation course
- Be a mature student with relevant work or professional experience
You may also be considered with other academic, vocational or professional qualifications deemed equivalent.
NB: International students may be interested to note UWS work in partnership with Olympia College to deliver the MBA course in Malaysia.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR MOST COURSES
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- overall score 6.0
- no sub-test less than 5.5
COMMON EQUIVALENT ENGLISH LANGUAGE QUALIFICATIONS
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
IELTS SCORE EXCEPTIONS (DBA, CERTIFICATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, PHD, ETC.)
For our research degrees (MRes, MPhil, PhD, DBA, DProf), applicants are required to have an IELTS score as follows:
- overall score of 6.5
- no sub-test less than 6.0
For Health, Nursing & Midwifery courses that lead to professional registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council, applicants are required to have an IELTS score as follows:
- overall score of 7.0
- no sub-test less than 7.0
For our Certificate of Higher Education courses, applicants are required to have an IELTS score as follows:
- overall score of 5.0
- no sub-test less than 4.5
TOEFL IBT*: 78; no sub-test less than:
- Reading: 17;
- Listening: 17;
- Speaking: 17;
- Writing: 17
* Please note that TOEFL is still acceptable for admission to this programme for both home/EU and international students.
For international students, the Home Office has confirmed that the University can choose to use TOEFL to make its own assessment of English language ability for visa applications to degree level courses. We therefore still accept TOEFL tests taken in the last two years for admission to this programme.
WEST AFRICAN SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (WASSCE)
West African Senior School Certificate of Education (WASSCE) including acceptance of WAEC Scratchcard*
- C6 or above in English
*UWS will accept a WAEC scratchcard confirming that an applicant has achieved C6 or above as evidence of meeting English language requirement from Nigeria if the student graduated within the last 5 years. After 5 years applicants would be required to provide the WAEC Certificate.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum English language requirements have the option to study one of our preparatory and pre-sessional English courses. The UWS courses available are:
- 10 week pre-sessional – entry criteria UKVI IELTS 5.0 with no element below 4.5.
- 5 week pre-sessional – entry criteria UKVI IELTS 5.5 with no element below 5.5.
- English Language for University Study – entry criteria UKVI IELTS with score of 4.0 in all elements (10 month course), or 4.5 with no score below 4.0 (7 month course).
COURSE DETAILS (Modules for London Campus)
- Integration of Business Functions
- Business Creativity
- Creativity and Business Wealth
- Managing Organisational Health
- Influencing Organisational Strategy
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- New Venture Creation
- Leading Change
- Strategic Business Project
POSTGRADUATE TUITION FEES
MBA London Campus2017/18
per year of study
MBA London Campus2018/19
per year of study